Wednesday, March 19, 2008

__C A M P I N G__A T__S A N D S P I T__ =]

Some time after we I went to Whangamata, I went camping up north at this place called SandSpit with my two step sisters, my sister and my dad.

It was really fun there but our timing was annoying because you can only go swimming when the tide is up because the water drains fully out. When we were there, the tide was up between 10-12ish everyday so we could only go swimming and in the boat and stuff in the morning. It was still nice and warm at that time but when it reached 2-3 o'clock, it was absolutely BOILING and we couldn't swim cause there was no water!!! Instead, we played golf and stuff and then we found out that there was a beach about 10minutes drive away so we went there when the tide was low at the campground.


On the second day that we went to the beach that was 10 minutes away, we were all in the water and my dad was yelling something about there being a sting ray. None of us believed him, and the next second he pulled up a baby sting ray out of the water !! We were all screaming so loudly and everybody was staring at us!
My dad through the sting ray (which turned out to be dead) down on the sand and a little crowd started forming around it.






This is a picture of us at the playground !!!!





When the water was up at the campsite beach, it was really flat and had no waves whatsoever which was good because it was easy to get up (and stay up) on the kneeboard.

The day after I went on the kneeboard, all of my back muscles, arm muscles AND thigh muscles were sore! Its actually really hard work stay up on the knee board and I feel preeeetty proud that I can get up!!!


We went on this random bush walk and this is a picture of us sitting in a tree!! =]

No comments: