Sunday, June 1, 2008

Creative Writing - Best Reliever We Could Have ..

The dreaded lunch bell abruptly sounded. The joyful expressions of all the 10 WILG students in sight faded at once. Science. Was what was on everybodys mind. As slowly as possible, we all walked up towards the science block.

As we arrived, to our delightful disbelief, our eyes rested upon.. a reliever ! We all flooded inside and took our seats with looks of glee on our faces. A rather plump, bald man stood in front of us. One of his eyes was squinting and he had extremely yellow teeth. He introduced himself as Mr Neede Apooh. As he was exceedingly proud of his name, he instructed us to call him by his full name as apposed to just his last name.

As the strange looks and laughter slowly began to die down, Mr Neede Apooh spoke, which in result, brought back the strange looks and laughter. He spoke in a slow slurred voice with a strange foreign accent, "Riiiight.. Todaaaay claaass vee are goiiing to gooo outside aaand haaave a paaaint fiight... Consider yourseeelves lucky because zee claaass I haaad laast veek only got to haaaave a vater fiiight."

Although he was being dead serious, the strange looks soon turned into "whatever I don't believe you" looks. They were soon proved wrong when white suits and water bombs filled with paint were handed out. We were all excited but confused at the same time.

About ten minutes later, all of us including Mr Neede Apooh were wearing white suits and were armed with paint balloons. We set off to the field so begin the fight. As you could imagine we were all shocked, we thought that it was some kind of joke.

Upon our arrival at the field, Mr Neede Apooh proceeded to explain the rules. He took a large satisfying breath and cleared his throat, " Noww.. Zee ruules.. NO RULES !" He siezed a paint balloon and through it directly at us! By now we realised that this was obviously not a joke so we all began to collect and throw paint balloons.

What felt hours later, all of the paint balls had run out and we were all sitting around catching our breath. I felt an obsurd feeling at the back of my head.. As if somebody was tapping me..

All of a sudden I woke up with a jerk. I slowly peeled my cheek of the desk revealing a large pool of dribble. Confused, I realised that I had fallen asleep in class! And as if that wasn't bad enough, one at a time people began laughing and pointing at the puddle of drool on the desk. I felt my face grow red and the only thing I could do was laugh.. Even though nothing seemed funny to me right at that moment, I had no idea what else to do.

No comments: