Friday, May 23, 2008

Creative Writing ~ Lost in The Supermarket...


Lost In The Supermarket…

I turned around and the cheerful grin on my face immediately disappeared. My mum wasn’t there. My heart pounding loudly in my chest, I tried to remain calm as my eyes anxiously darted around in search of my mum. She was nowhere in sight and I began to panic. Tears came to my eyes as the thought came to my mind that my mum would forget about me and leave me here..

I began to wonder around through the cleaning product isle in search for her, with the smell of detergent and soap lingering around. Giant trolleys rumbled past me which resulted in me having to crawl out of a tightly packed isle to avoid being crushed. Still teary, I managed to edge slowly out and crouch in a corner away from harm. My tears soon turned into sobs as I tried to think of something other than what was actually happening. I could still taste the blueberry muffin that I had eaten for lunch an hour ago, but even that wasn’t a distraction to me right now. I could hear the grinding of trolleys and the muffled voices of customers when all of a sudden I could faintly here my name being called out. I thought I was imagining it but then I heard it again more clearly and this time I recognised it was my mums voice. I felt a small relief but I needed to see her to believe it.

As my eyes whizzed around, slightly blurry form my tears, they focussed on my mum. Relief and happiness flooded over me. I sprinted up to her and hugged her, crying even harder than before but this time with a huge grin on my face. I felt like I was safe again.
Confused, my mum asked me what the matter was and if I wanted the strawberry or blueberry shampoo.

It turns out she was in the isle the whole time, metres away from where I was crouched on the ground crying because I thought I’d lost her.
It just made me realise how much I needed my mum. Even though I was already 3 I still depended on my mum and I would not be able to cope without her. =]

No comments: