Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Creative Writing...

I was soaring rapidly through the air. Below me, I could see the astonished and startled faces of all the people staring at me and I felt as if I could feel their eyes upon me. Somehow I knew exactly what they were thinking.. They were all wondering how I got to become this good at BMX Tricks. I myself was wondering the same thing. I had never been able to perform any amazing tricks before and now I was doing a 360 Triple X that only professionals usually do.

I didn't feel like myself. I felt as if someone or something was taking over me, as if it were controlling me, even maybe possesing me.. Somehow i knew exactly what I was doing. I knew precisely what angle to turn at, I knew what to do with my arms and legs, I knew how to control the bike underneath me that was hurtling out of control, but most importantly I was certain on how I was going to land.

All of a sudden, the sense of knowing what I was doing abrubtly ended. As I continued to soar through the bright blue sky, my mind came into reality and fear washed over me. Time seemed to steady itself and I felt as if I would be stuck in this terrifying situation forever. My biggest dread was I was unsure of how I was going to land. I felt as if I had been putting off the shocking reality of landing, and now I could put it off no longer.

My heart seemed to pump louder as the hard solid concrete below me appeared closer. I tried my hardest to search for that feeling and sense that I was experiencing moments before, the sense of knowing what to do. It seemed impossible to grasp now that I was panicking.

The next thing I knew I hit the firm concrete with a thud. I landed on my elbow which I felt and could've sworn I heard crack.
I must have blacked out because I woke up in hospital afew hours later. As I woke up my senses came into focus. I could see the blurry outline of people standing around me. I could hear their muffled voices chattering away quietly. I could smell that hospital smell of cleaning product linguring around.

Never would I ride a bike again. This experience has put me off for life and I now find it hard to believe I was risking my life just to do afew tricks on a bike...

No comments: